Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cold Again

Since the bitterly cold weather has kept us house bound, we have been using the time to do a little Christmas cookie baking.  I mixed the cookie dough, John did the rolling out and cutting, and I did the decorating.  If we're not careful, we could have all of them eaten by the weekend.  I'm hoping to save enough for our family gathering in a couple of weeks; however, we can always bake some more.

This morning I had an early appointment at the pain management clinic.  John and I visited with Dr. Gessner for a while and he laid out what he wants to do next.  Today I received injections that numb, just like you receive at the dentist.  I was then sent on my way with a pain evaluation chart.  Every hour I was to stop, reflect on any pain I was having as the numbness wore off, and then record the level using the numbers on the pain chart.  This was only a diagnostic test to see what nerves or muscles are involved in causing the pain.  I have to have the exact same test again in a week.  The insurance companies require two sets of this test before approving the next procedure the Dr. wants to do. Depending on how things go, I might just wait until after we return from Texas in the spring.  We both need to get out of this cold--it sure doesn't help my back. This test today required about 10 injections--not so sure I would have had the nerve to go through with it if I knew what was coming.  I'll really have to steel up my courage for the next time.

Since I couldn't have anything to eat before the procedure this morning, right after we left the clinic we headed to Country Kitchen for some breakfast.  Next we gassed up the car, made a stop at Target for a few items, and then did a little grocery shopping.  It was mid afternoon by the time we returned home and we spent the rest of the day and evening hunkered down in the house staying toasty warm.  Tomorrow the temps are suppose to get above zero for the first time in over a week.  Should feel like a spring day--just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...