Saturday, January 18, 2014

Unpacking, Potluck, Visiting, and Golf

The title of this blog entry just about tells it all.  We arrived here at Fort Clark a little after noon on Monday and quickly got the car unloaded.  Since we had rented our house for the last eight months, we had many things stored out in the shed, so John got busy bringing in the many crates and boxes.  While he kept busy hauling things in, I dealt with AT&T and managed to get our internet back up and running.  Since we had no food in the house, we ran into town and picked up a couple of items to hold us over until our big restocking trip.  On the way, we stopped and visited with the Sandwicks and Ralph R.

Tuesday morning we were up bright and early and headed into Del Rio to restock the kitchen.  The grocery bill just about broke the bank.  Paul E. had called John yesterday about playing golf this afternoon, so after getting the bags of food unloaded, John headed off to the club house where he met up with Paul, John B. and Tim M. for a round of 18 holes.  Tuesday night was potluck at the RV park, so I spent some time making a casserole for the meal.  We also play "31" after eating and I came away a winner.

We are getting back into a routine and slowly, but surely, getting the house in order.  It has taken most of the week to get everything back in place.  John and I went to the Del Rio Winter Texan event on Thursday morning and did a little more shopping afterwards.  I have managed to play a little golf--just chipping and putting--trying to work my way back into the game.  I am being very cautious regarding my back.

This morning we went over to the RV park for the Saturday morning breakfast and then John left for the day to hike in the White Shaman Preserve with about 15 other folks from the fort.  I had done this hike before and thought it would be too strenuous for my back since my procedure was only a week ago.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...