Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Pretty Busy Week So Far

It's amazing how much warmer the sun feels down here in Texas.  The mornings are pretty chilly when we leave the house for our walk, but by the afternoon, the temps are in the upper 60's.  This week the weather forecast calls for highs in the 70's and 80's.  We'll be back in shorts again.

Monday morning was wood carving for John.  He is working on something new for him--relief carving.  He's doing an apple and as soon as he gets the project further along, I'll post a photo.  Right after lunch we headed over to the RV park for the first Washers games of the year.  I was teamed with Jim Runger and we took first place.  



John and several of the guys left right from there and headed off to the golf course to play in a scramble.  I couldn't believe it when he came home a winner once again.  

Even though our temps are warm and the calendar says Winter is fast approaching, fall seems to be just arriving here at the fort.  As we've driven around we've noticed the trees beginning to take on their fall colors.


Tuesday morning means Ladies' Golf, so Kathy, Bonnie, and I ventured out on the course for nine holes.  Bonnie used her golf cart as she has bad knees, but Kathy and I walked the nine holes.  John met up with John B. and Larry M. for 18 holes.  The morning was just about perfect for golfing. 

I was pretty tired when I returned home from golf, so I spent some time just relaxing and resting up.  This evening was the first potluck so I made a macaroni salad as my contribution to the meal.  There was a very good turn out considering many of the Winter Texans won't arrive until after the holidays.  As usual we played "31" after the meal and I was the winner of the first game at our table.  John went to the end in his first game, but didn't walk away a winner tonight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...