Sunday, June 29, 2014

From The Mountains To The Beach

This morning John and I headed north up the 101 and hiked the Lady Bird Trail in the northern Redwood National Park.  We enjoyed a guided tour by a Park Service guide and learned a lot about the Redwood trees and what is called a "new growth" forest.  As I was walking along the path, I saw what I think is a wild orchid.  I really don't know much about flowers, so I'm not really sure what this is.



When we were through with the hike, we drove further north to Crescent City where we stopped at a Subway for some lunch before driving along the coast for several miles.  We made a few stops along the way to walk on the beach and take some photos.  I have been wanting to see the Pacific Ocean off the northern coast for years and I must say it lived up to my expectations.  We had lived on the East Coast for years and it was interesting to see the differences between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.  To me the Pacific was much prettier, but I'm sure the rock formations have a lot to do with that. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...