Monday, September 22, 2014

Days Busy with Canning and Car

After our long day of driving last Tuesday, it took us a couple of days to recover and then we dove right into canning, car repairs, and doctor appointments.

While we were out east, a heavy frost hit our area and that brought our garden to an end.  John harvested several large buckets of cucumbers and we made two batches of dill pickles and one of relish.  The tomato plants bit the dust, but there are plenty of green ones we hope will ripen.

I have spent some time dealing with the insurance company settling the question of where and when our car can be repaired.  Everything finally got decided and today we went to the airport in Bemidji to pick up a rental car and then dropped ours off at the repair shop.  They said it should only take about three days to get it done.  Matt went with us so he could pick up a new deer stand for Hanna and then we met up with Sara for lunch at BK.

Last Friday I had a pre-opt appointment with my foot doctor to discuss the surgery, recovery time, and the limitations I'll be facing while recovering.  He also gave me a prescription for pain meds and crutches, so I think I'm all set for Thursday.  The hospital will call sometime tomorrow or Wednesday to tell me what time I need to be there.  

 

2 comments:

  1. That must had been quite a discussion with your insurance company. You must be glad that it's now settled, so that your car could finally be repaired. I hope your car gets fixed soon, and that your upcoming surgery is successful. Take care!

    Jaime Mcgee @ Michael's Auto Body

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...