Friday, September 26, 2014

Surgery All Done

Tuesday and Wednesday I kept busy getting laundry caught up and the house in order so John wouldn't have so much to do while I'm out of commission after foot surgery.

The hospital called on Tuesday and told me to be at the Outpatient Surgery facility by 6:45 a.m. Thursday morning.  YEAH!!  Was so glad it was first thing in the morning so I didn't have long to worry about the whole thing.  John and I reached the hospital right on time and we were back home before noon with me hobbling along on the crutches.  The procedure went well and from what I can see of my toes, they are all nice and straight again.   I have to keep my foot elevated and iced for the first 72 hours and keep ahead of the pain with the prescription we picked up last week.  I have been following the doctor's directions religiously as he said if I don't, and the foot doesn't heal right, it would mean another procedure, so I have been a good girl.  The crutches are coming along better and better as the numbness in the foot wears off--they gave some sort of nerve block and I still have numbness in the big toe and along the incision.  My foot is bandaged, wrapped in an ace bandage, and encased in a big sandal-like boot.  I will be on crutches until I see him next Friday for a dressing change and then the stiches will come out the following week.  The boot will be a permanet fixture for a while.  Asked about heading to Texas, and seems that will be on hold until the second week of November at the earliest.  Matt and John have been working on an addition, but I was able to get around okay on my own when I needed to today.  John just left to head north with Matt and Rachel to watch Sam's game--that was out of the question for me tonight.  Maybe I'll be able to go to a home game a week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...