Thursday, October 2, 2014

On The Mend

For the past week I have been pretty much laying low on the couch and keeping my foot elevated with ice applied every hour for about 15 minutes each time.  I think the swelling has been limited and the pain very managable with the help of pain pills.  In fact, I have been off the pain meds for the past three days.  Crutches were used for the first three to four days and now I do what the doctor calls the Charlie Chaplin walk--putting weight only on the heel of my right foot.  Tomorrow morning I go back to see the surgeon and get the dressing changed.  I can't wait.  I hope I get rid of the bulky bandages and wrappings and can finally take a shower.  Sponge bathing gets a little old after a week.  I'll also find out what my limitations will be and how long I will be wearing the boot.

John has been busy this past week helping Matt with an addition and attending Sam and Rachel's sporting events.  He is holding up our end of the grandparent cheering section.  The Bears won a big game last Friday night and have another big one tomorrow evening.
In between these activities, he has helped with laundry,  been cooking meals, and generally keeping the home fires burning.


 John, Sam, and Matt after victory

As I mentioned earlier, our garden got hit pretty hard with the frost while we were out east.  John is still hoping these green tomatoes will ripen, but I don't hold out much hope.  The forecast says to expect one inch of snow tomorrow.  Only the potatoes are still in the ground--they'll probably get dug this weekend and then the garden is FINISHED.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...