Sunday, October 19, 2014

Outside Jobs Finally Finished, Or Are They?

Today I looked back at what I wrote on this blog a year ago and found the days were cold with highs in the 30's, rainy, and snowy.  This year is much different.  Our October remains very pleasant with sunny days and comfortable temps.

Each day John tells me he has finished up all the outside work and then I find him headed back outdoors to complete one more task he forgot to do.  I think he is really finished now and ready for winter.  All the leaves have been gathered and tilled into the garden, eveything is picked up and put away, and the wood shed is full.

 Garden is put to bed for the winter

JD and Josh came down yesterday morning and dug the rest of our potatoes and helped John split several big logs.  Now the splitter can be stored in the shed for the winter.

 John, Josh, and JD splitting the larger logs

This weekend was youth early rifle deer hunting.  Matt and Rachel went out behind their house and Rae shot a nice big doe.  This was her first good sized deer and everyone was pretty excited.  Since you can shoot only one deer, Rae can now stay inside and stay toasty warm during the usually cold days of deer hunting the first week of November.


It's time to think about heading south for the winter.  John's tentative departure date is the first weekend in November.  It all depends on how my foot is doing and what the doctor says.  Right now, I can't imagine I'm going to be able to wear shoes in three weeks.  The nerve pain is getting better, but the joint and incision area are still swollen and I can't put weight on that joint.  However, I have been gathering items, packing a few boxes, and making lists for what needs to be done before we head out.  Several friends have called asking when we're going to be heading south, but definite plans are still up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...