Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today I am writing my blog entry at Borders. For those of you who don't know what Borders is, it's a book store with a cafe and free wireless. Katie and I came here so I could do my blog and then take some time to look at books. Actually, Katie is browsing the store while I am writing this update.

Yesterday afternoon Katie and Gus treated us to some real Cincinnati chili after our trip to the antique mall. The guys couldn't learn anything about the sword because all the dealers where gone--so it was decided we would bring the sword
home and take it with us to Texas and see if someone down there might have some information about it.

Last evening was the first post-season game for the Phillie
s and Reds. A member of Gus's church invited us over for pizza and the game since Gus doesn't get TBS at his house. John and I were the only Philadelphia fans there and he did a good job of restraining his enthusiasm for the winning Phils. Tim and Molly were very gracious hosts and have a beautiful new home. We had many different delicious snacks and pizzas to eat--even a big Phils and Reds cookie. Folks starting stabbing the Phils name at about the 7th inning. It was a great game if you're a Philadelphia
fan. We stayed to watch just a few minutes of the Yankees and Twins, and then headed home.



We had spent a pretty quiet morning around the house. John and I did take a nice walk down the road and back. The weather is just beautiful today with sunny skies and warm temps. Gus insisted that we play cards so we spent the rest of the morning playing some poker. The game is on hold for now, but I think I have the most chips. We will head out for home tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. how is your knee holding up?
    Darlene Endris

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...