Sunday, November 16, 2014

Visiting, Golfing, and Church

Before I start filling everyone in on what we've been doing the last few days, I want to say the weather here has been very chilly with low's near freezing at night and high's only in the upper 40's.  The skies have been overcast and everyone here is complaining about the cold weather.  At least it's better than home.  Warmer temps are suppose to be heading our way in a few days. 

Friday morning we got the remaining crates and boxes stored out in the shed and all the outdoor furniture situated on the deck and patio.  I also took some time to bake a couple of loaves of bread.  Following lunch, we headed off to do some visiting.  Our first stop was to see Becky and Wallace and then we dropped in next door to to see Betty and Harlan.  Our final visit for the afternoon was with Sam and Leta.  John spent Friday evening home watching TV while I headed off to Bingo with several of the ladies.

Saturday was a little warmer, so I decided to give golfing a try.  The doctor said I had no restrictions other than using good judgement concerning activities.  John and I played nine holes and my foot felt just fine.  I find it a little different playing in Crocs rather than golf shoes, but it's going to be a few months before I can get back into them.  After supper we headed into the Post Theater for a Variety Show showcasing some very talented fort residents.

Today was our first Sunday back at the Methodist church and since it was the third Sunday of the month, there was a delicious potluck following the service.  When visitors were being introduced this morning, we found a couple from our hometown in the congregation.  They found Fort Clark through Jim and Kathy Runger and are planning to spend the winter, so we'll have to get over to visit sometime this week.  It was was a beautiful afternoon, so we headed out for a round of golf--it was much more enjoyable today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...