Sunday, November 1, 2015

Back To Blogging

After taking an almost two month break from my blog, I've decided I'm ready to get back into the routine of writing once again.  As you can see, I've changed the look of the blog--not sure this is the design I'll settle on, so you might see a few more changes in the coming days.  Let me know how you like it.

John and I were kept pretty busy attending volleyball and football games most of September and October--sometime attending three games in a week.  The Bears football team had a very successful season wining the conference championship.  Sam was voted conference Offensive Player of the year and received a beautiful trophy.  Jenni, Rachel, and Hanna also had strong volleyball seasons and will be back on the court again next year.  I think everyone is glad the fall sports are over and can have some time off before basketball starts in a few weeks.

Our fall weather has been exceptional this year with the temps well above normal.  We had a little taste of winter last week but it only lasted a day or two.  Matt has been glad for the good weather as he and John have been able to work and get many jobs finished up.  The past few weeks we have been busy packing and getting the house ready for our departure south for the winter.  We've enjoyed our summer, but are now looking forward to see our Texas friends again.

Preview of what's to come
 On the family front, Amy's family relocated to Pagosa Springs, Colorado where Dave is pastoring one of the local churches.  The kids seem to have made the adjustment to a smaller school system and are enjoying the outdoor life in the mountains.  John and I are planning to head their way either Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...