Monday, November 2, 2015

Photography Success

Since all the outside work is done for the season, John has been spending time down in the old shop doing some cleaning up and taking apart the carts we used to move product.  Even though it has been a little over two years since we closed the business, there are still a few odds and ends to clear up. We have done more sorting and are considering another sale sometime next spring--we'll have to see how ambitious we feel by the time we return from Texas.

John and I plan to take off early Saturday morning, so I have been keeping busy getting the house cleaned up and everything packed.  My check off list is just about complete with only the internet and Direct TV left to cancel along with the final clearing out of the fridge.

As many of you know photography is a hobby of mine and a couple of months ago a friend talked me into displaying some of my pictures at a gallery for local artists.  The gallery has what they call a "Showcase" wall where you can display your work for a month at no charge.  

My photos on the "Showcase" Wall


On Saturday John and I went to the gallery to clear out the display and found that I had sold four pictures.  I was thinking it would be amazing if I could sell one.  I've decided to join the gallery next spring and show my photography full time.  This will be a new venture for me and I'm anxious to see how it will go.  

 

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Carol on selling some of your photos. Looking forward to seeing you two in Texas soon. Kit

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...