Tuesday, January 26, 2010


Today was another beautiful southwest Texas winter day. Even though the winds continued to blow it was just about perfect weather to be outside. We took our usual morning walk and after breakfast, John headed over to Tim and Mary Ellen's to help install some carpet on their deck. I stayed home and tried to finish up the chores that did not get completed yesterday. I also had the pleasure seeing money fly out of the checking account as bills were paid. When John got home he said that Tim and Mary Ellen wanted to play some golf so, after a quick lunch, we headed off to the Par 3 course. It was a fun time with no one keeping score and just enjoying the good shots along with many poor ones.

Tuesday nights are potluck and card playing at the RV park. After golfing I made a casserole to take to the potluck. There was quite a crowd there this evening--more people are arriving for the winter and many are just stopping for a few days while on their travels to somewhere else. After the meal some folks stay to play a card game called 31. I was the big winner of the first game--first time I have ever won the pot. At least now I'll have enough quarters to play for the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Carol, I am typing this from my iMac. Your pictures are great and add a lot to your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, Jerry again. I could not just post a comment. I had to preview it first and then post.

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...