Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A cold front came in last night and we woke up to a temperature of 40 degrees with very strong winds. John was up first and got ready for our walk--I took one look at the trees swaying in the wind, and decided a walk was out for me. John reconsidered and we went back to bed for a little more shut eye.

Since we will be out of town for a week or more, we've had to reschedule a few appointments. I managed to get my hair cut moved to this afternoon and John's dental appointment to tomorrow. We needed a few items for our trip, so we made a quick trip to Wal Mart where we gassed up the Honda and did some shopping. From there we stopped at Wendy's for lunch and then hit the road back to the fort. I was home about 45 minutes when I left to keep my haircut appointment and then stopped at the post office to pick up the mail.

This afternoon John worked on his wood carving while I made a hot dish to take to the RV park potluck. The cold weather kept some of the folks at home, but we still had a good variety of dishes and deserts. We played a couple of games of "31" and John was a winner again. Maybe it's a good thing we will miss a week or two and give someone else a chance to be a winner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...