Monday, March 7, 2011

This morning we took our walk around the golf course. I didn't want to walk the longer distance because I would be playing on the big course this afternoon and would get plenty of walking done.

After breakfast, John headed off to wood carvers. W
hile he was gone, I worked on making birthday cards for all of our March birthdays and getting some of them ready to be mailed. John got home around 11:30 a.m. just as I was eating lunch and getting ready to head off to the club house.

Our walking group was divided into two teams of four. I played with Leslie, Ginny, and Shirley--I don't know who I'll play with tomorrow, it depe
nds on today's scores. This was my first tournament and there were many rules you had to follow--not sure I really like tournament play--but at least I got to try it. After playing today, I'll be more prepared for tomorrow as to what to expect. At least I didn't have the worst score in our group.

When I arrived home, Darlene and Everett were just leaving after visiting with John. John said he had company all afternoon--our neighbor Richard and Stan also stopped by. John was also busy going over to Jack Simpson's to use his table saw, clamps, and other tools he needs to build a mirror frame for Sam Lark. He's getting ready to sand it and put braces on the frame as the mirrors are very heavy. It should be finished sometime this week.

While we were eating supper, Better Wright called and asked to come over. She made John a storage pouch for his carving tools. He has been wanting one for a long time and Betty finally took pity on him and made one.


Our evening was pretty quiet and relaxing. John watch some National Geographic programs while I continued reading my Kindle mystery. Tomorrow I have to be up early for the second round of the tournament, so bedtime will be a little earlier tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...