Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Since the weather remained cold and wet, I decided it was a good day to do more that just think about doing our annual Christmas letter and cards. John's back pain was back in full force, so he spent the day resting and trying to find a comfortable position to gain some relief.

It took most of the morning, but I got our letter composed and printed off. Then it was addressing and stuffing the envelopes. I'm short about five cards, so I'll have to pick up another box before I can cross this job off my list. We were invited to a potluck birthday dinner this afternoon, so in between working on the cards, I made a salad to take and also managed a couple of more loads of laundry.

There was quite a crowd at the RV kitchen to celebrate Harlan's 80th birthday and Jerry's 70th. The main dish of red beans and rice w/cornbread was provided and everyone brought a dish to share. There was quite a variety of dishes and deserts to choose from and if you went away hungry, it was your own fault. It seemed everyone had an enjoyable time eating and visiting.

This evening we settled in to watch the finale of The Biggest Loser. Tomorrow we'll head back to Uvalde and Urgent Care and see if we can figure out our next step in dealing with John's back/neck problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...