Friday, December 30, 2011

This morning we were up bright and early once again to head back to Uvalde and the Urgent Care clinic--this time for me. For the past couple of days I had been having neck and face pain and was concerned that it was Shingles. With the holiday weekend looming, we thought it best to get things checked out. We arrived as the doors were unlocked, got registered immediately, and went right back to an exam room. Fortunately, Dr. Peraz was on duty, and after some questioning, determined it was a flare up of my autoimmune disease. He prescribed a steroid to take down the inflammation and sent us on our way. Of course, next stop was Wal Mart to get the prescription filled and then we hit the road back to Fort Clark.

Once we returned home, I took my pills and a two hour nap while the medicine got to work. I'm happy to say that both John and I are on the mend. He went to the driving range while I napped and said he was able to swing the golf club without any ill effects. There was a condo party this afternoon, but we opted out and took a nice walk instead. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us during this time--your prayers are very much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Burger King called and said the miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...