Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The clouds and showers of yesterday gave way to a beautiful sunny day.  John left the house right after breakfast to meet up with Matt at the job site.  They have about two more days of work on this particular job and it should be done.

This morning I went to the dentist for my six month check up and teeth cleaning.  I got a good report--no cavities, so I'm good to go until the fall.  John needed me to pick up a couple of plumbing parts for the sink, so I stopped at the local hardware store when I was finished with the dentist.  I was just getting in the car when I head someone call my name--it was Valada Sandwick.  Dave's mother had passed away last week and they were home for the funeral.  We spent some time visiting and catching up on what has been happening with each of us over the past month.  They will be heading back to Fort Clark on Saturday.


Matt had to stop work by 2 p.m. because Sam had another doctor's appointment, so John was home a little after that.  JD had two large crates of the free firewood on his truck and said that we could have them if we could get them unloaded within the next hour as he had to leave early.  John and I got busy and now have quite a big pile of wood for heating our water this spring.






John checked out the plumbing parts I got and decided they wouldn't quite work, so after we finished with the wood, we went to Bemidji, hit Menards, and found the exact part we needed.   Since it was supper time and we were both on the hungry side, we went to Country Kitchen for a bit to eat.  We made one more stop at Fleet Farm for a spare tire for the trailer and then hit the road home.  John installed the parts we picked up and now our new sink is ready to use.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...