Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We had another day of off and on showers with very strong winds.  Whenever there was a break in the rain, John did some outside work.  This morning he went back up to Matt's where he and Hanna loaded the trailer with some of the wood they split yesterday. John then hauled it home and unloaded it into the woodshed.  Time was also spent down in the shop making new picture frames for the bathroom.

I got a call from the craft shop that the matting I ordered was ready, so this afternoon I decided to pick it up as I had a couple of other errands to run.  First stop was the local newspaper to drop off the ad for my garage sale.  From there I headed to Bemdiji where I got the matting, picked up a couple of subs from Subway, and made a quick stop at the grocery store for some milk.  


Even though we've had rain showers and wind all day, the forecast is for clear, calm weather overnight with the possibility of frost.  John dug out all sorts of buckets, tarps, and large sheets of plastic and covered every inch of his garden to protect it from freezing. Hopefully the weatherman is wrong.  As of this posting, the temp is 43 degrees.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...