Wednesday, October 3, 2012

John was up and out at the usual time to meet Matt at the job site.  I left the house soon afterward as I had a doctor's appointment early this morning to get a followup blood test.  While I was in Bemidji, I did some banking, got the car washed and gassed up, and went to several different stores looking for a down blanket for our bed.  I was finally successful at Target.  

When I first stepped outside this morning, I could smell smoke.  I thought it was from our outdoor furnace and didn't give it a second thought.  As I got closer to Bemidji I discovered that it was smoke from several wild fires to the north of us.  The smoke was so thick at times that drivers had their headlights on.  When I returned home, John was already here--the guys quite early as the window they need to install still hadn't been delivered.  It should be here sometime tomorrow.

I took this photo out our living room
widow this afternoon--that's not fog,
but smoke.

The weather forecast is calling for a winter storm warning for the northern part of our state, so hopefully we'll get some moisture to help control the fires and put them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...