Saturday, November 17, 2012

Even though the clouds persisted through the late afternoon, the high for today reached the low 70's.  John and I took our usual morning walk, ate breakfast, and then got busy on the list of chores for today.

This morning John hosed down the outside doors and cleaned the glass in the doors.  He then spent some time organizing the outside shed and storing the empty crates and boxes.  The last time I did laundry was the day before we left MN, so I had quite a few loads to get through today.  In between loads, I did some dusting and cleaned a couple of blinds.  We are slowly getting the house under control.

A month or so ago I found a recipe on the internet for homemade hamburger buns and decided to give them a try this afternoon.  While I worked on making the buns, John headed off to play some golf.  When he returned home, he told me his drives were improving and he made par on just about every hole he played.

 
The buns looked so good we couldn't wait to try them--we had cheese steak sandwiches for supper and the rolls were delicious.
Don't think we'll be buying hamburger buns at the store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...