Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stone Soup and a Movie

The morning was once again cloudy with a light misting, but the temps were on the pleasant side so John and I were able to get in our morning walk.

Today was men's golf, so after breakfast John headed down to the clubhouse.  There was a pretty good crowd in spite of the dampness and the guys formed two teams of four and two teams of three.  John's team ended up one over par.  I had an appointment for a haircut and following that, I headed over to the RV park kitchen to join some other ladies in giving Theresa B. a hand cutting up old sweaters which she will sew into hand warmers.  Some traced the different pattern parts on the material while others did the cutting.  Theresa is doing a show in a couple of weeks and needed a helping hand in getting the warmers cut out.  In the middle of helping out, I suddenly felt ill and had to return home.  The pain med I took that morning had an adverse reaction on my stomach.  I felt much better after taking a little nap.

John and I headed back over to the RV park for the Stone Soup supper.  John B. was in charge of making the soup.  If you were planning to attend this evening, you were to bring one cup of vegetables to be used in making it.  John made two huge pots of soup and there were plenty of folks there to enjoy it.  Following the meal, we went inside to watch a movie entitled "The Newton Brothers"--this was based on the true story of the brothers who lived in the area and were famous bank robbers.  They actually robbed the Brackettville bank in the early 70's.  We had a slight glitch midway through the picture--John began to fill sick so we left right away and drove home and then I headed into town to get something to settle his stomach.  Maybe my sickness this morning wasn't caused by the meds.  Seems a little flu bug is making its way around the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...