Thursday, February 27, 2014

Under The Weather

It's been over a week since I last posted, so I thought I better write a little something to let folks know I am still in the land of the living even though several times over the past week I sure didn't feel like it.  Last I posted, John had just come down with the stomach virus that has been making its way around the area.  Just as he was starting on the road to recovery, I came down with it, only much worse.  After several days with little improvement, John called on our friend, Sam Lark, who got me some meds from the pharmacy that finally helped settle things down.  Only one problem remained, I developed a heavy cough and still felt very sick.  We decided I should head over to Uvalde and the Urgent Care office.  Doctor Perez listened to my lungs, told me I had bronchitis, gave me a treatment to help open up my lungs, and gave me prescriptions to fight off the infection, get the lung inflammation down, and keep my stomach settled.  I have done nothing the past few days but sleep and rest.  The antibiotics are finally kicking in and I'm starting to feel much better.  

John has been back playing golf and he stops in on his way to the third tee to check on me and see if I need anything.  Today he went with about 20 other folks to Uvalde for a golf outing.  I really was looking forward to this, but wasn't well enough to go.  Maybe we'll have another outing over there before we head home in the spring.

That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...