Saturday, April 3, 2010

It was hard getting back into our routine after a few days off. I had to force myself out of bed for our morning walk. Once I got moving though, I appreciated the pretty morning and warm temps. There were many early golfers this morning so we had to alter our course a bit, but it was still a good walk.

It was one of those "visitor days" again. Jan Metcalf stopped by this morning to pay John for his work at her house last week. She stayed and visited for a bit--it was good to see her out and about as she had been in the hospital earlier this week. All is well now. Our plan was to head off to the Par 3 for a round of golf and for me to try out my new clubs. I should preface things by saying John did tweak his back earlier in the week while working on Sam's door. Well, John's first swing off the first tee really hurt his back. He tried playing and we only made it three holes when he said he had to call it quits. I at least got to try the new clubs and they are much better than my old ones. Will have to wait a few days for John to recover and then try the clubs out again.

After we got home, John laid down on an ice pack. While he was resting, I headed over to Sandwick's to return some books I had borrowed and to pick up several more. When I returned home, Stan Metcalf was here keeping John company. We spent the remainder of the day watching the NCAA basketball games on TV.

Just a side note to our kids. How come Dad always "hurts" his back when the NCAA Tournament is on TV. The only thing he can do is lie around and watch the games. Do you see a pattern here? Seems like this happens every year at this time. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...