Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The weather today was just beautiful--clear skies, warm sunshine, and no wind. Just a perfect day in northern Minnesota.

We were up early this morning so John could finish up some work in the shop. I had a doctor's appointment in Bemidji and John decided he wanted to go along and take his truck to get it serviced.

I went to see my knee surgeon. I had some trouble with my knee while in Texas and wanted to get it checked out. He looked at the x-rays and told me that the arthritis is getting worse and that the severe knee pain was caused by fragments or flakes breaking off the arthritic bone. However, my knee has been pain free for the past several weeks and it was decided that if I have another flare up of the arthritis, I can just call his office and come in for an injection. There is no sense in getting a shot if I don't need one right now. The bottom line is that I will probably have a knee replacement in the future, but I want it to be way in the future.

Following my doctor's appointment, we dropped the truck off to be serviced. While that was being done, we walked across the street and spent about 45 minutes walking around Target where we picked up a couple of things we needed. From there we headed off to Burger King for lunch and then to the bank. We had one more stop--we had to get the electrical hookup on the rear of the truck fixed. Luckily we were able to get that taken care of in only 30 minutes. All of our errands were now completed and we could head back home.

John worked in the garden this afternoon thinning out the raspberry bushes and doing some more tilling. While he was busy with that, I started moving some things around in the bedroom in preparation for the new mattress being delivered tomorrow morning. That's right, a new mattress. We managed to shop for one in between basketball games on Saturday.

A quiet evening was spent catching up on blogs, emails, and watching American Idol. The competition is really heating up on Idol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...