Sunday, April 4, 2010


We had such big plans for today--sunrise service, Easter breakfast at church, and dinner with friends at the RV park. Needless to say our plans took a nosedive. As I mentioned yesterday, John hurt his back and it was no better this morning. He has to either stand up or lie down--he can't sit for any length of time. So I went off alone for a morning walk--I took my MP3 player and listened to music while I got my exercise.

After breakfast, I put the finishing touches on the Jello salad I was making for the dinner and then got ready to head off to church. We had a very nice church service and the folks were all asking about John and ready to help if we needed anything. I got home in plenty of time to change clothes and get over to the RV park. About 20 people were there to eat--we had a delicious meal of ham, potatoes, salads, and desserts. In fact, so much food was left, that some were coming back around 7 p.m. this evening to eat again. It was nice to catch up on some of the folks that have already reached home and say good-bye to those heading out soon.

When I returned home, John was entertaining our pastor who had stopped in to see how he was doing and if we needed anything. John has spent the day alternating between lying down and walking around the house. When lying down he puts either heat or cold on his back. Hopefully things will start to improve tomorrow.

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching PGA Golf and the women's NCAA Final Four. Hope you all have had a wonderful Easter. Even though our Easter didn't go as planned, we still had a very nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...