Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The weather was cool and crisp this morning, almost like fall. When we left the house for our walk, the temperature was 47 degrees. Hard to believe that two days ago it was 75 degrees at 6:30 a.m. Our highs are suppose to be only in the low to mid 60's for the next week. When we got back from our walk, I went down to the pond to check things out. It seems our duck families have left and many of the birds are also gone. I suppose we will soon be seeing the geese heading south.

After breakfast, I was working back in the office when I heard a truck pull in the drive and saw our friend Tom Benson. Tom has just returned from his tour of duty in Afghanistan. I knew he was on his way back to the US, but wasn't sure when he would get home. It was so good to see him again and to learn that his entire unit made in home safely. Tom, John, and I spent the rest of the morning through the early afternoon catching up with each other and hearing about some of Tom's military experiences. We pray that he will have an easy transition back to civilian life.

Following Tom's visit, John went up to watch Sam's football practice and I headed off to my Weight Watchers meeting. We both returned home in time for a quick supper before heading off to church for Bible Study. The rest of our evening was pretty quiet--just watching a little TV and working on the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...