Saturday, December 4, 2010

As we returned to the fort yesterday afternoon, we saw a sign advertising a moving sale for this morning. We found that the address was on our walking route, so we left the house a little earlier in order to reach the sale when it opened. There were several people at the sale when we got there, and after looking over everything, we decided there was nothing that we needed or could use. We continued our walk back home with empty hands and money in our pockets.

John spent his entire day making a raffle bin for Stan Metcalf. His friend, Jack Simpson, has some power tools, so John went over to his shop to cut out some of the parts he needed. I was called upon this afternoon to provide extra han
ds to help with some of the assembly. My day was spent writing our annual Christmas letter and working on the Christmas cards. Hopefully I will have them ready to be mailed this week. It always feels good to get that holiday job out of the way.

This morning John called to me to come outside and s
ee the tarantula that was sitting in the grass. Now, I'm not one of those people who freaks out over spiders (snakes are another matter), but I must say I approached this one with extreme caution. John wanted me to photograph it, so I used the telephoto lens to get a close up--there was no way I was going near it.


In between writing Christmas letters and building raffle bins, we managed see some of the college championship games. Tonight we watched the Nebraska and Oklahoma.

1 comment:

  1. I showed the boys the picture of the tarantula and Isaiah's comment was "sweet!" That's boys for ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...