Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It was another beautiful day with sunny skies and warm temps--if the weather stays like this over the next few days, we'll have to think about doing some planting in the garden.

JD got more orders, so John was needed to work in the shop the entire day instead of only in the morning. I went up to Sara's for a haircut around 10 a.m. and pretty much spent the rest of the day resting my back. I was at least able to get a loaf of bread baked, but that was about all I accomplished.

This afternoon, John also went up to Sara's for a haircut. While he was there, he picked up a truck full of old junk boards. After supper, he cut them up to be burned in our outdoor furnace. Just as dusk was setting in, John took the 22 rifle down to the pond to hunt the muskrats that have built a lodge on the edge of the pond. He wants to get rid of them as they are tunneling into the side of the pond which acts as an earthen dike to hold the water back. If they weaken it too much, the water will flow out and we'll no longer have our nice pond for wildlife.

This evening I continued to rest my back and watched some recorded TV shows while John did some internet surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...