Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We had a beautiful Minnesota spring day with plenty of sunshine and warm temps. I was up bright and early as I had an 8 a.m. doctor's appointment in Bemidji. I have been having trouble with some numbness in my right hand and today I was tested to see if I had a pinched nerve or nerve damage. The good news was that the nerves are all good, but the doc couldn't figure out what was causing the numbness. It really doesn't hinder my hand use at all, so I guess I won't worry about it unless it should become more severe.

Following my appointment, I did some errands--banking, drop
ping off clothing at Goodwill, making a return to Menard's and picking up a new motion light. I also made a quick stop at Wal Mart for some groceries. I have been having back trouble again, so once I got back home, I hit the bed to rest for a couple of hours. I have found that laying down and resting my back is just about the only thing that gives relief and eventually the pain lessens and I can get around okay once again.

John worked in the shop this morning, and then worked out in the garage getting one of the new windows installed and a couple sheets of chipboard up. He a
lso got the garden tilled and ready for planting as well as some more grass cut. He managed to keep himself pretty busy today.


Garden all tilled--the new raspberry row is in the middle
and the strawberries are on the left hand side.

Our front lawn is all mowed. The trees in front of the
house are just starting to bud--the other trees have young leaves
and are showing some green. At least our lawn looks nice and green.



We took a little walk after supper and ended up down by our pond to see the ducks. They weren't sitting on the nest, but we saw quite a few ducks flying out over the fields and the other little ponds, so hopefully they are just taking a break from sitting on the eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...