Thursday, August 4, 2011

John was up early again this morning to head up to Matt's for another load of firewood so he could get it back home and unloaded before the day got too hot. With that job out of the way, he then worked down in the shop with JD.

After getting some laundry started, I made up a shopping list and went to Bemidji. I visited a couple furniture stores checking out sofas, made a stop at Burger King for some lunch, and then went on to Home Depot for more paint. My final stop was Wal Mart for a few groceries and fresh produce.

When we entered our items in the fair yesterday, John and I signed up to sit in the Original Arts building this evening--they like to have someone there just to be sure nothing happens to the exhibits. Hanna won two ribbons for her photography and I won five. I was very surprised about which photos won--I wish I could speak with the judge
s and learn about how they make their decisions. The photos I thought weren't very good, won, and the ones I thought for sure would take a ribbon, didn't. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.



Hanna's dog photo in upper right--my two black and white landscapes and one color landscape all won ribbons

John's carved faces won a ribbon as well as the chair he made. It was a very successful fair for all of us. We'll probably head back there tomorrow evening and see the livestock and other exhibits as we didn't get a chance to do any of that tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...