Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today we had rain for most of the day, so it was a good one to stay inside and get the grouting done on the kitchen tiles. Matt arrived bright and early and the guys got started. This was a whole new experience for me--I didn't realize the amount of work involved in grouting. After the grout is applied, you have to keep wiping the tile to remove the excess grout. This took most of the day as you have to wipe, then let the grout dry a little more, and the wipe again. Matt left a little after noon and John did the last of the wiping himself.


Matt starting to apply the grout



John wiping down tile

While the guys were grouting this morning, I headed up to Sara's for a haircut and by the time I returned home, the project was pretty well finished. John and I spent some time this afternoon getting left over tiles counted and ready to return to HD, putting tools away, and cleaning up the work area. I had library books due today, so I made a run into the library and grocery store for some milk.

John had picked green beans the other day, so this evening we processed them and got them into the freezer. The remainder of our evening was spent watching some baseball and recorded shows. As soon as we get the kitchen cleaned up and everything back in place, I post a photo of our new kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...