Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fair Time

The weather has been just about perfect for fair week so far.  We have had sunny skies with very low humidity and cool nights that make for good sleeping.

Matt and Sam needed some help with a bathroom remodel, so John spent most of yesterday helping them out and they were able to get the jb done in one day.  In the afternoon we headed into the fairgrounds and got our pictures and wood carving entered.  We took Rachel with us so she could meet us with her friends, but they were running a little late, so she hung out with us.  The three of us stopped at one of the food stands for a quick bite, and then headed back to the Original Arts building where John and I worked accepting folks' entries.  Around 8 p.m. we started putting the different art forms on display and finally gone done around 10:30 p.m.  Needless to say, it was a long day.




These are my entries in the nature and wildlife
classes.  You can enter up to three pieces in each and
they are judged as a group.
 
This morning John was up bright and early and headed into town to play a round of golf.  He just loves playing at this time of day because there are only a couple of early birds ahead of him and no one is behind, so he can take his time playing.  I might give it a try tomorrow--I'll have to see how I feel in the morning.

Matt called while he was on the course asking if John could bring the tiller up to an earlier job site and till the ground around the new addition they did so they could get the ground smoothed out for planting grass.  He loaded the tiller and took off for Clearbrook--Matt was nice enough to treat him to lunch once the job was finished.  I have kept busy with laundry and some light cleaning around the house.  This evening we went back into the fair where we walked through the barns and different buildings.  I have to report that I won first place for my photos in the nature and wildlife classes.  My landscapes and insect photo did well, also.  I'll try to post the winning pictures another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...