Saturday, April 30, 2011

We had heavy rain overnight that lasted into today. Yesterday was beautiful and would have been perfect for a garage sale, but that was not how things worked out, so we held it in the wet. Even with the rain, people still came out to shop--I was pleased with the money I made and was able to get rid of some jeans and shirts along with some miscellaneous items.

With our sale out of the way, I headed up to Gonvick for their community rummage sale and to see the new art gallery that was opening. They are looking for people to display art and high end craft items. I talked to one of the women and am contemplating showing some of my photography. I will have to cost everything out and see what sort of pricing will be needed. It will not cost me anything to have my pictures displayed--just pay a consignment percentage if and when something sells. We'll have to see what John and I can work out as he will be making the frames.

John needed to go to Bemidji again for a couple of new batteries for the tiller and lawn mower, so it was a good day to take care of thee purchases as nothing could be done outside. We stopped at Fleet Farm first and picked up the batteries, then onto Menards for some roof caulking for JD. Of course, we also had to stop at Burger King for supper before gassing up the car and picking up the few groceries that were forgotten on the last trip.

We just kicked back and relaxed this evening by watching a DVD. Tonight the temps are suppose to drop down to the upper 20's with snow overnight. Will this winter ever end???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...