Thursday, April 21, 2011

We had some unusual visitors at our house today. This morning a woodpecker flew against the bathroom window and then for some reason decided to hang onto the sill and peck the glass. It made quite a racket and at first I thought he would break the window. I grabbed my camera and took some photos. John and I stood about 18 inches from the bird on the inside of the window, but he was so busy pecking he didn't even notice us--John even wiped the glass off with a towel, but that didn't faze him. Finally we made a little noise and that scared him away.


John once again headed back to the shop to do some assembly. Today there were no breakdowns so things went more smoothly than yesterday. I was just coming upstairs from the basement and looked out the back door and there stood two Canadian geese by the steps. We have had some geese on the pond over the last few days, but I've never seen them up near the house. They were busy eating and walked all around the yard and down the driveway before heading back to the water. I'm not sure they'll be here for the summer--our pond and fields just might be a pit stop on their way north.


My afternoon was spent working in the office sorting through the mail that had piled up, cleaning out the filing drawer, and paying some bills. The weather is just too cold to do anything outside, so we are pretty much stuck in the house after supper. Tonight we watched American Idol and a couple of other favorite TV shows before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...