Sunday, April 10, 2011

We had a pretty busy day here in Dallas. First thing this morning we visited the Rose Garden park in Farmers Branch. This park has hundreds of rose bushes of many different kinds and colors planted in long rows and in different arrangements. I have never seen so many roses in one place before. From the garden, we took the DART train into downtown Dallas where Jim, Deb, John, and I spent about three hours touring the Dallas Holocust Museum. It was a very moving and emotional experience viewing the displays and reading about what occured during this time in history. We all returned home for some lunch and then Deb and I headed out so she could take me to one of their big neighborhood malls. We visited some real high end stores, stopped for a snack, and then took their laptop computer to Best Buy where Deb left it to get cleaned up and restored to new running order. It was then another quick stop at Arby's to get some chicken sandwhiches for supper. Our plan had been to eat out tonight, but that got shelved until tomorrow evening. While Deb and I were out and about, Jim and John went over to the golf course to hit a few balls. We will be playing a round of golf there tomorrow morning. We spent the rest of the evening just sitting around and visiting. I hope to post some photos of our Dallas adventures in a few days. Right now I have to use the computer in the computer center for posting and can't download my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...