Thursday, October 20, 2011

The weather was just about perfect today--sunny skies, no wind, and temps in the low 50's. First thing this morning John took care of a couple of errands in town and, when he got back home, headed to the shop to make an elevated book stand for Sara. Since the weather was so nice and he had to go to Matt's to deliver the book stand, he decided to take some time and cut more firewood. Tomorrow he'll split what he cut today and maybe haul it home then. This afternoon he worked on our generator and found it needs some work done on the carburetor. He has a few more tricks to try to get it running; however, if they fail, then it will have to be hauled to Clearbrook and the repair shop.

I had my semi-annual appointment with my arthritis doctor this morning. I thought I would be in and out pretty fast and back home a little after lunch time. I waited well over an hour before I got called back to the exam room and then waited another 45 minutes for the doctor to come in. The nurse kept apologizing, but what could she do to hurry things along. To add insult to injury, I then had to go down to the lab for some blood work. The veins weren't co-operating and I had to get stuck twice. It was almost 1:30 p.m. by the time I left the clinic. I was so hungry by then that I made a stop at BK for something to eat before gassing up the car, picking up a few groceries, and making a final stop at Home Depot. It was just about supper time when I returned home. John spent his evening watching the World Series while I did some work on the computer and birthday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...