Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nothing much new happening around our place today.  We took our usual morning walk nice and early and, after breakfast, John spent some time down in the shop finishing up the projects he started yesterday.  While walking back from the shop, he saw a pocket gopher in the yard.  It's very unusual to see them out in the open so John got his trusty 22 rife and dispatched it to gopher heaven.

I spent sometime in the garden this morning taking some more photos of the light dew on the grape vines.  I'll have to post a few of them after I get them sorted out.  I am slowly, but surely, paring down which pics to enter in the fair.  I hope to get that job done this week so I can get the pictures printed and figure out if John needs to make me more frames.  

Since there is no rain in the forecast, John took some time this evening to water the garden, trees, and flower pots.  We spent the evening watching the Olympic trials and a couple of shows recorded earlier with the DVR.

A note to Amy and Dave:  We are remembering Emily's 14th birthday tomorrow and are thinking of you.  Here is a photo of our new "Emily's Garden".


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...