Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Little Warmer Today

Since my back was feeling better, I played a round of nine holes with John yesterday.  After being off for two weeks, I thought I wouldn't have a good round, but I surprised myself and made some good shots.  This morning John headed out alone for the course--I think it's best for me to take a day or two off between rounds to rest my back and not push it too hard.

While John was golfing I did some cleaning and tackled the laundry.  Since our washer and dryer are in the back hallway, there is only the coat rack on which to hang dried clothes.  Today John came up with an idea for hanging dried items.  He made a little bar that hangs over the edge of the wall cabinets and now I can hang shirts, etc. there instead of over the jackets on the coat rack.  The garden is coming along very slowly, but we did manage to pick some cucumbers today.  We're hoping to have enough for a batch of pickles pretty soon.  

It's hard to believe we are through the first week of August already.  Our days are rapidly getting shorter--the sun is not over the horizen until 7 a.m. now. During the summer solstice, the sun was visible at 3:30 in the morning.  Our trees are also feeling the effects of less sunlight--they are losing their deep green color and some light yellow is beginning to make an appearance.  One good thing about fall approaching is the football season is about to begin once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...