Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pickle Making

It was a beautiful cool morning, so John and I decided to head into town for another round of golf.  I should have stayed home as I played so poorly.  I couldn't hit the ball right no matter how hard I tried--at least I got some exercise.  On the drive down our road we noticed several of the trees had yellow leaves.  The shortening daylight hours are beginning to bring changes to our area.  It probably won't be too long before the hummingbirds and others begin their migration south.  We have five hummingbirds coming to the feeder by the kitchen window and it has been fun watching them fight each other over who is going to eat first.

After a little rest, John went out back and cut more firewood.  While he was doing that, Matt and Hanna arrived.  Matt wanted to borrow our trailer and while the guys were getting it ready, Hanna came inside and visited with me for a bit.

After a very slow start, our garden is finally beginning to yield some produce.  Today we made our first batch of pickles--dill chips.  John is anxious to give them a try.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...