Friday, August 8, 2014

More Grass Cutting

Our weather has continued to be quite pleasant for August--not real hot and fairly low humidity.  Usually we are running the AC this time of year.

John and I played golf yesterday and I had the worst first hole ever.  The fairways were being mowed with several different tractors and between the noise and worrying I was holding up the grass cutting, I just couldn't concentrate.  John said I looked like I'd never picked up a golf club before in my life.  Once we got to the second hole, my game came around and I had a good round.  The rest of the day we just hung out around here.

This morning John played golf alone as I stuck to my every other day plan.  While he was gone, I got started working on our finances as I had rather neglected them for a couple of weeks.  The desktop was a mess, so I took some time clearing that off and getting papers filed away.  John gave the lawn another trim this afternoon--said the grass is finally slowing down and beginning to burn a little.  After all the rain we had in June and early July, we have gotten pretty dry and could use some moisture--thunderstorms are in the forecast for Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...