Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pickles and Golf

John went off bright and early to play a round of golf.  He is determined to get the most out the dues we payed back in May.  Right now a round of golf is costing him about $4.50.  I opted out once again as I am having trouble with my right foot.  Arthritis has settled into the big toe joint causing a good sized bunion.  I had called the podietrist last week, but couldn't get an appointment until the end of September.  On Monday I had tripped on the golf course and stepped right on the foot that was giving me pain--after that dumb move, the pain was off the charts and I couldn't walk without it, let alone wear shoes for very long.  Since we will start our trip east next week and will be gone for a while, I called the podietrist's office to see if they could fit me in and maybe get a steroid injection.  The receptionist was so friendly and helpful and found a cancellation for 11:30 this morning.  She told me to come at 11:00 since the doctor wanted an x-ray of my foot before seeing me in the office.  After looking over the x-rays, the doctor said the bones in my foot were pushed out of place and, since it will only get worse, he recommended foot surgery, so I'm scheduled for September 25 as that will give me enough time to get healed up before leaving for Texas.  Before I left, he gave me a steroid injection in the hopes that would help ease the pain over the next several weeks.  We got all the pre-op appointments set up before we left the clinic and then headed to BK for a quick lunch before stopping at Target for a few groceries.

When we returned home, we got busy getting cucumbers washed, cut up, and put into jars along with some hot brine.  After processing, we have seven jars of dill strips.  Once the pickles were done, we attacked the green beans and got them blanched, bagged, and into the freezer.  We're all caught up with the garden produce for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...