Monday, July 26, 2010

John and I were up bright early in order to be ready by 8:15 a.m. for Joanne and the kids to pick us up for our doctors' appointments in Bemidji. She dropped us off at the clinic and then headed off to Walmart and the library where she would wait for the call the I was finished. My appointment was for 9:00 a.m. but I never got called in until after 9:30 a.m. After sitting in the car for a half hour ride my back was very painful so I spent that time pacing the waiting room. I had a good visit with my doctor--he really explained muscle spasms to me and now I have a better understanding of what I am dealing with and how to deal with them. He prescribed a much stronger muscle relaxer and said if things don't settle down in a week, he'll send me to PT.

Since my appointment took so long, by the time we got out of there, it was time for John's appointment. Fortunately, that office was right down the road. We called Jo, and she came and picked us up. We dropped John off, and while he was seeing his surgeon, we went back to Walmart so Jo could finish up her shopping and I could pick up the things we needed. Since I can't bend over or lift anything, Jenni was my shopping partner. She pushed the cart, put the items I pointed out into the cart, unloaded the groceries for checkout, and then loaded the bags back in the cart. What a shopper!! I couldn't have done it without her.

It was then back to the Lake Region Bone and Joint office. I went inside to see if John was ready, but he was still in with the doctor. We waited about ten minutes and then he came out. Good news is the staples and big dressing were removed. He is now in a sling which he wears during the day--the big brace just has to be worn overnight. This is to keep the arm in place while he is sleeping. He also got orders for PT, but we don't know when that will start. I think it will be a little while until the incision is healed a little more. All in all, we had good news and I hope and pray that we are both on the mend. We are still both laying low and spending more time than usual watching DVD's and TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...