Friday, July 23, 2010

Sometimes things get worse before they get better. That seems to be the case with us. Yesterday my back went out and I ended up spending most of last evening and today in bed alternating cold packs with heat packs. On the plus side, I was able to talk to John's surgeon and he ordered a different pain medication and told us to apply ice pack's to the surgical area.

Since I couldn't do anything, I called Matt early this morning and asked if Hanna could come and spend time with us to give us a helping hand. She arrived bright and early and was a great help. I got up different times to walk around the house and while I was trying to exercise a little, Hanna loaded the dishwasher, did some laundry, and gathered up the trash and took it out. She also keep busy doing different tasks for John and I--what a blessing she was today! Joanne and the kids were here to work in the shop and, after finishing their jobs, Jo ran into town to pick up the new pain prescription. I had a basket of socks than needed sorting, so everyone had a sock folding contest--all the socks are now folded and ready to put away. Hopefully, I will be able to do that tomorrow--will have to see how the back feels.

John has started the new pain meds and things seem to be settling down. The nauseousness has started to leave and the pain is more tolerable. The doctor said he should be over the major pain soon--the worst is behind us. We know that this too shall pass away and better days are ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...