Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Last night and early this morning we were in severe weather watches. We had a major storm go through about 5:00 a.m.--very heavy rains and a lot of lightning. John checked the rain gauge and found we had gotten 3 inches of rain. There were still some sprinkles and thunder when we got up, so a walk was out of the question.

I ate breakfast and then headed up to Sara's for a haircut. When I got home, I decided it was a good time to tackle the papers and receipts that had piled up on the desk over the past few days. John did a little weeding and just finished cleaning out the pond by the deck when Matt stopped over. He wanted to check on the beans he planted last week and found they are starting to poke through. We sat and visited for quite a while this morning before he headed home.

Wallace Inge also called this morning--he and Becky were planning to stop in Bagley for a few days before heading onto Wisconsin. John had to go into town this afternoon, and found the Inge's already camped in the park, so he stopped for a quick visit and invited them out to our place for supper. They arrived just as I was heading off to Weight Watchers. I told them I would be gone about half an hour--I wouldn't stay for the meeting--just weigh in. While I was gone, John took them on a tour of the house and shop.

After I got home, we sat and visited for a bit and then got the burgers grilled and had a delicious supper--burgers, pasta salad, chips, and fresh fruit. We all had a relaxing evening catching up on Fort Clark news and each others' travels. The plan for tomorrow is to explore Bemidji and some surrounding lakes. It was a very early morning and a busy day--time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...