Saturday, February 16, 2013

There was a freeze last night with temps dipping down below 32 degrees.  I was out a little before 7 a.m. for my walk and I could see the greens on the golf course were covered with frost.  Hopefully last night was the last of the low overnight temps.  While I was walking, John took a bike ride around the loop and then a short walk along the driving range.

Following breakfast, I made some brownies for tonight's gathering at the RV park and then we met up with John B., Paul E. and Tim M. at the clubhouse.  We had to be done play before 1 p.m. because a tournament was being held this afternoon.  John and I decided to let the three guys play together while we followed behind so we could get off the course in time.  

This afternoon we were relaxing watching a couple of recorded TV shows when Gene, Jeanne, Rodger, and Tootie stopped in on their way to the driving range.  John went with them, but I opted out since I didn't want to swing a club anymore today.  After they left, we headed over to Unit 37 to see Dave and Valada.  Charlene and Wiley were already there, so we all sat out on the patio and enjoyed a nice visit. 

John and I got home just in time for a quick supper before heading over to the RV park to see Mary Ellen's latest historical movie about Fort Clark.  As usual, she did an excellent job of bringing the history of the fort to life and we all learned a lot more about the place we call home for part of the year.   We ended the evening with some refreshments and visiting. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...