Tuesday, May 28, 2013

After sleeping in a little later this morning to help recover from two days on the road, John and I took our usual walk.  It was a little tough going as the road had recently been graded and the gravel was pretty soft underfoot.

Right after breakfast John headed for the lawn mower and cut grass for a large part of the day.  He now has it all mowed and just has the trimming left to do.  I spent my day unpacking, getting bags put away, and starting the process of sorting through our winter clothes and putting those we want to keep away.  

I had a PT appointment at 4:15 p.m. for another ultrasound treatment.  The therapist and I discussed my different options and she is going to talk to the pain management physician and get his opinion about getting an injection in my back.  Right now, as long as I don't do anything too physical, I am pretty much pain free.  The problems come after I do something like bending over to plant flowers, lift a laundry basket, etc.  The exercises she gave me to do are helping, but the structural damage to my spine is still there and no amount of exercise can heal it. 

Once I was done with the PT, John and I headed to Bemidji to pick up some hanging baskets, tomato and pepper plants, and a few other annuals.  We also stopped at BK for a quick supper before heading back to Bagley.  John hopes to get the garden planted sometime over the next couple of days.  Tomorrow morning he is heading out with Matt to pick up his car.  They broke down within an hour or so of reaching home on the return trip from Wyoming.  Fortunately Sara's dad didn't live too far away and was able to drop off  a vehicle so they could get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...