Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The sky was overcast when we got up and showers were in the forecast for the morning, but John thought we could get our walk in before anything showed up.  He was very wrong.  We only walked about five minutes when it started to thunder and light showers began.  We made it back to the house before the heavier rains arrived and avoided getting soaked.

John and I were just finishing up breakfast, when the clouds moved off and the sun came out.  However; along with the sun came 35 mph winds that lasted throughout the day.  I told John the only positive thing I could see was that it wasn't 30 below with this wind. 

Matt and John had made plans the other day for Matt to help with wood splitting this morning, so right after eating, he headed up to Matt's where they finished the last of the wood John had cut.  They got it loaded into the trailer and then took off to Bemidji to pick up tile for Matt's next job.  As you can see from the photo below, John has a long way to go to get the shed filled for next winter.  


I kept busy this morning taking care of some house cleaning and packing for our trip.  The phone rang mid-morning and it was the computer repair shop letting me know my laptop was ready.  It seems it just needed a good interior cleaning and some junk removed.  Since I want to take the laptop on our trip, I also headed to Bemidji.  While there, I returned a dishwasher installation kit to Sears, did a little shopping, picked up the laptop, and made a stop at Arby's to grab something for supper.  I didn't know when John would get back and we had to be at the school for a band and choir concert  by 6 p.m.  Fortunately, John was home unloading wood by the time I got there, so we were able to relax a little before leaving for the concert.  The kids all did a good job and it was an enjoyable evening.


Josh playing trombone third from left
 

Rachel with her flute 2nd from right
 
 
 Jenni playing a piano solo
   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...