Friday, May 10, 2013

The last of the big snow pile in the backyard finally went today.  There is still a little one down by the shop, but that gets shade in the afternoon, so it will probably be hanging around for another day or so as our nighttime temps will be dipping down into the 20's.  A cold front is moving through with very high winds and tomorrow promises to be a cold and windy one.  Not a great day for the opening of the 2013 fishing season.  Not sure how many folks would be out anyway as there is still some ice on the lakes we've seen.

This morning John headed back up to Matt's to cut more wood.  He now has a big enough pile to warrant bringing in the splitter.  If it's not too cold tomorrow, he hopes to get started on that project.  Following lunch, he worked out in the backyard and got most of it raked up.  He hoped to do more after supper, but it just got too windy.

I was gone just about all day.  I started off with a PT appointment where I received an ultra-sound treatment and a couple of more exercises to start.  I'll go back to see the therapist on Wednesday afternoon before we head out on Thursday for our trip.  Once I was finished with therapy for the day, I headed to Bemidji and dropped off a couple of bags of clothes for Goodwill.  From there it was a stop at the computer repair shop.  Our laptop has been overheating, so I thought I better get it in and see what was happening with it.  Hopefully I'll get it back before we leave on our trip.  Next was a stop at Gander Mountain and the mall for a little shopping and to exchange a shirt that was too large.  Somewhere in between those stops, I did manage some lunch at BK and then headed off to Wal Mart for a few grocery items.  There was also a quick stop at Subway to grab something for supper.  

After such a busy day, John and I are ready for a quiet evening with the Kindle and a little TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...