Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our weather has continued on the warm side, but with the AC it has been comfortable working in the house getting ready for our company.  That's pretty much what John and I did yesterday and today.  The lawn is all mowed and trimmed and the house is all cleaned and the beds are ready.

Today was a big one for me.  John and I left the house around noon and headed to the Pain Management clinic for my first spinal injection.  I must admit I was very nervous and, at times, close to tears.  I didn't like not knowing what's coming or how painful it might be.  Dr. Gessner and his staff were very nice and put me right at ease.  He said the worst part of the whole procedure would be the numbing of my back--it would sting and burn.  He was right, but it wasn't too bad and I handled it.  When the doctor did the injection I only felt some pressure on my back with the whole thing taking no more than five minutes.  He told me my back would probably ache for a day or two before the steroid kicked in.  Someone on his staff will give me a call in a couple of weeks to see how I'm doing and I will go for a second injection August 1st.  Since I couldn't eat for four hours prior to the treatment and John didn't get any lunch, we headed over to Perkins for a late meal and then picked up a few more groceries.

On the bad side of our evening, the AC conked out again.  John found that the wire clips needed to be replaced (the first service call did something else to the AC), so an electrician is coming first thing in the morning to hopefully get it running so the house can get cooled down again before our guests arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...